The Children's Hospital at Montefiore's Customer Service Department is dedicated to making the care experience at our hospitals and outpatient facilities the best it can be for patients and their families. We work to provide the highest quality service by following Montefiore's Standards of Service Excellence for customer care.
Our Philosophy: No Concern Too Small
Our customer service specialists are trained to listen and problem solve. They are ready to address questions, problems, complaints, grievances and special requests quickly and efficiently. Patients and their families or significant others may contact Customer Service directly or request assistance through the patient’s nurse.
Resources for Special Needs
Customer Service provides assistance for those who speak another language or are hearing impaired, to ensure that patients and families are comfortable and can communicate with their doctors and nurses. Resources available, all free of charge, include:
- Foreign-language interpreters
- Sign-language interpreters
- TTYs (text messaging for the hearing impaired)
- Amplified phones
- Closed captioning for television
- Other assistive and auxiliary devices as required
SPEAK UP Guidelines for Patients & Families
The most positive care outcomes occur when patients are proactive. Customer Services encourages patients and families to SPEAK UP:
- State your concerns, ask questions and if you don’t understand, ask again.
- Pay attention to the care you receive. Tell your doctor or nurse if something doesn’t seem right about the medications or treatments you are receiving.
- Educate yourself about the diagnosis, medical tests and treatment plan.
- Ask a trusted family member or friend to be an advocate. Work together to be sure all important questions are being raised and remedies pursued.
- Know what medications you take, the dosage and how often. Share information about current medications before new ones are prescribed. Ask about side effects and how well different medications work together.
- Understand the follow-up care that’s needed. If patient or family is concerned about managing that care, request a visit with a Montefiore social worker.
- Participate in all decisions about your treatment. Don’t be afraid to ask for a second opinion.
For Customer Service Assistance
Contact Leslie Bank, Customer Service Director, at email@example.com
Moses Hospital: 718-920-4943
Office location: 3300 Rochambeau Avenue, Bronx, NY
Weiler Hospital: 718-904-2395
Office location: Weiler Hospital, Room 260A